Tuesday, December 8, 2020: The following is a list of retail storefront applications that have successfully passed Phase I of the merit-based selection process review that consists of: 1) a CEO staff review of all timely submitted applications to determine completeness and 2) a preliminary zoning and permitting standards review conducted by Planning and Development staff. The applications stated on this list have been accepted for processing by the County and will advance to Phase II of the merit-based selection process, which includes a review of the Business Operations Proposal by a third-party evaluator, HdL, and the County's Business Licensing Team. Applicants that achieve an aggregate score of 85% or higher in Phase II will advance to Phase III, where applications will be reviewed, scored, and ranked based on the Neighborhood Compatibility Plan and site inspections.
|Applicant Tracking Number||Applicant Name||Address||CPA|
|RET006||HPC of Santa Barbara, LLC||4860 Calle Real Santa Barbara, CA 93111||Eastern Goleta Valley|
|RET007||Island Drift, LLC||4235 State St. Santa Barbara, CA 93110||Eastern Goleta Valley|
|RET002||971 Embarcadeo Del Mar, LLC||971 Embarcadero Del Mar Goleta, CA 93117||Isla Vista/Goleta|
|RET005||Alta Vida Inc. DBA: Kindly||6578 Trigo Rd. Unit A-B Goleta, CA 93117||Isla Vista/Goleta|
|RET008||Coastal Retail IV, LLC||901 Embarcadero Del Mar Unit No. 104 Isla Vista, CA 93117||Isla Vista/Goleta|
|RET011||Embarcadero SB OPCO LLC||939 Embarcadero Del Mar Goleta, CA 93117||Isla Vista/Goleta|
|RET024||Haven XVIII LLC||6560 Pardall Rd. Unit C Goleta CA, 93117||Isla Vista/Goleta|
|RET013||Suravi Incorporated||6576 Trigo Road Goleta, CA 93117||Isla Vista/Goleta|
|RET014||Farmacy Isla Vista, LLC||6555 Pardall Rd. Goleta, CA 93177||Isla Vista/Goleta|
|RET019||Jiva SBC, LLC||6580 Pardall Rd. Suite B&C Goleta, CA 93117||Isla Vista/Goleta|
|RET021||Haven X LLC||520 Bell St. Los Alamos, CA 93440||Los Alamos|
|RET017||Honalee Management Cottonwood Roots||315 Bell Street B Los Alamos, CA 93440||Los Alamos|
|RET010||East Clark SB OPCO LLC||1604 E. Clark Avenue Building B, Suite 1 Orcutt, CA 93455||Orcutt|
|RET020||Haven IX, LLC||235 E. Clark Ave. Orcutt, CA 93455||Orcutt|
|RET009||JCSB Ventures, LLC dba Beyond/Hello||3596 Orcutt Road Santa Maria, CA 93455||Orcutt|
|RET018||NHC Orcutt 405, LLC||405 E Clark Ave Orcutt, CA 93455||Orcutt|
|RET003||SLO Cultivation, Inc. dba Cresco California||3550 Orcutt Road Building C4 Santa Maria, CA 93455||Orcutt|
|RET004||Strategic Golden, LLC||155 E. Clark Ave. Orcutt, CA 93455||Orcutt|
|RET022||Haven XI, LLC||3640 Sagunto St. Unit 100 Santa Ynez, CA 93460||Santa Ynez Valley|
|RET012||MOM SY, LLC||3561 Numancia Street Santa Ynez, CA 93460||Santa Ynez Valley|
|RET015||SBDANK, LLC||3576 Madera St. Santa Ynez, CA 93460||Santa Ynez Valley|
|RET001||3823 SCL, LLC.||3823 Santa Claus Ln. Carpinteria, CA 93012||Toro Canyon/Summerland|
|RET023||Haven XV, LLC||3825 Santa Claus Ln. Unit B Carpinteria, CA 93013||Toro Canyon/Summerland|
Monday, September 28, 2020: Announcing Next Steps in Retail Storefront Licensing Process
- Retail Storefront License Application Availability is Tuesday, September 29 - Sunday, November 1, 2020.
- Application Submittal Period is 8 a.m. Monday, November 2 to 5 p.m. Monday, November 9, 2020
- The FAQ submittal period has now ended, effective October 27, 2020. Please do not submit any further questions to the cannabis info inbox, as they will not be responded to.
- A1 – Proposed Activities and Products
- A2 – Applicant Cannabis Experience
- A3 – Applicant Cannabis Experience in Santa Barbara County
- A4 – California Corporate Status
- A5 – Standard Operating Procedures
- A6 – Financial Plan
- A7 – Pro Forma Financial Statement
- A8 – Product Procurement and Delivery Plan
- A9 – Communication and Marketing Plan
- A10 – Local Employment Goals
- A11 – Labor Protection Plan
- A12 – Local Supply Chain Support
- A13 – Quality Control Plan
- A14 – Site Security Plan
- A15 – Inventory Control Plan
- A16 – Employee Training
- A17 – Premise Diagram
- A18 – Authority to Operate
- A19 – Indemnification Agreement
- B1 – Customer Education Plan
- B2 – Community Education Plan
- B3 – Community Involvement Plan
- B4 – Neighborhood Design Compatibility
- B5 – Odor Control Plan
B6 – Parking Plan
Retail Application FAQs
The Cannabis Retail Storefront Survey Results and associated mapped survey responses solely reflects the responses submitted by members of the public and does not represent the County's position on location or criteria listed in the survey.
Take Our Neighborhood Benefit & Compatibility Survey
The County of Santa Barbara hosted six virtual community meetings in July to receive feedback and answer questions about the amended Cannabis Business License (Chapter 50) regulating cannabis retail storefront licensing.
Before the Board of Supervisors meets on August 18, County staff is seeking additional feedback via a survey with an interactive map about what might constitute community benefit and compatibility for the Neighborhood Compatibility scoresheet.
Chapter 50 (b) limits the number of storefront retail licenses to no more than one in each of six community plan areas. In June and July, County staff received hundreds of written responses about the business application criteria (not applicants or specific sites).
Note that CPAs are located in the unincorporated county and do not reflect zoning and permitting within the incorporated cities of Buellton, Carpinteria, Goleta, Guadalupe, Lompoc, Santa Barbara, Santa Maria and Solvang.
To review the community meeting presentation and videos of each meeting, see below.
The public can continue to submit feedback using the survey link above or by sending questions or comments in writing via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or leave a voice message at (805) 568-2777.
- County of Santa Barbara Cannabis Permitting and Zoning Map, Tipsheet for Navigating the Cannabis Permitting Map
- Santa Barbara County Land Use and Zoning Map
- Community Plan Areas webpage
- Community Meeting Presentation – English / Spanish
- Community Engagement FAQ
- Neighborhood Compatibility Scoresheet
Business Operations Proposal Scoresheet
Watch Video of Six Virtual Community Meetings Held July 1-16, 2020:
Submit questions and comments via email, letter or by phone:
- Submit questions/comments in writing via e-mail to email@example.com
- Leave a voice message at (805) 568-2777